There are plenty of ways that your home sale can be sabotaged. Here are nine such mistakes that you might not think of.
Katrina Lopez and Sarah Yorke joined me recently to go over nine different things that could sabotage your home sale:
1. Distracting personal items. Family photos or personal accomplishments can make buyers feel distracted.
2. Cords sticking out from behind furniture or hanging from mounted TVs.
3. An unkempt or junk-filled yard.
4. Animal hair or strong animal smells. Make sure to clean up after your pets and take care of your home.
5. Poor furniture arrangements. A little bit of well-thought-out staging can go a long way to make a space feel bigger.
6. Junk drawers, crammed cabinets, or even cluttered pantries.
7. Overfilled closets. Your closets should be 60% full to show you already have a lot in them but you still have a lot of room left.
8. Cluttered countertops. Eliminate as many small kitchen appliances and food items from your kitchen as possible.
9. Simple paint touch-ups and small defects. Ideally, these will be taken care of prior to your photo day and well before you go live to market.
If you have any questions about this topic or about selling your home in general, don’t hesitate to reach out to us via phone or email anytime. We look forward to hearing from you soon.